The Knight 7

The Knight 7

Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Cyber Housetop

Hello to all 5 of you who will ever read my blog, including my mother, Kathy Allen, and my mentor, Lisa Clark.

I do not like blogs.  They're not my thing.  Kind of like Pinterest.  I just don't care.  Facebook already takes up insane amounts of my time...and most of it is pointless.  I don't tweet.  It's just one more reason to pull out my iPhone or iPad, and pull my attention away from what's right in front of me.  Like my 2-year-old who is currently screaming in her crib for me to get her up from her nap.  Yet, here I sit and type.  She'll survive.

So - you ask why I made this life-altering, destiny-shaping, earth-shaking decision to start a blog???  Simply put, God told me to.  He and I have had quite a thing going the past few months.  I have heard from the Lord more in the last 3 months of my life than I have in my entire 29 years of existence put together.  And I'm pretty sure that He wants me to share some of what He's telling me...with someone other than my husband, the Rock Star, who has the patience of Job when it comes to putting up with me.  "Bradley, God just spoke to me!  Babe, Jesus told me something this afternoon.  Honey, you are never going to believe what He told me today!"  Etc, etc, etc.  For the love of Mary and Joseph, start a blog, Holly!  You need an OUTLET.

So...in the days, weeks, and months to come, as the Lord leads, I will "proclaim from the housetops" what God is doing in my life.  We will not dive into the nitty-gritty today, however.  (Remember the screaming 2-year-old upstairs?  She's still there.  Still screaming.)  

Luke 12:3 says, "Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops."

8 comments:

  1. cool!!! thanks for being obedient:) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will read your blog faithfully because I love you & miss you terribly. AND if they keep track of the ethnicities of the people reading maybe my Mexicaness will get you on some list & you can make money from it. It could happen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to following you and hearing all that the Lord is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Looking forward to all you have to say. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If He told you to do this, then it will be a blessing to those of us who read it! We love your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear what God is doing! YOU are a rock star to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly, may the favor of the Lord increase over your life in ways you never thought possible. And may the times in secret far outweigh the times you have with Him in public.

    "My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer."

    Love you,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete