The Knight 7

The Knight 7

Friday, April 13, 2012

Miracles

I mentioned in my very first post that blogs aren't my thing.  I do not have a history of being a blog reader.  Until, like, 2 days ago...when I decided to start reading other peoples' blogs.  Jen Hatmaker is one of the most insanely hysterical people I've ever encountered on a computer screen.  She is a genius writer and a hard-core servant of Jesus.  Hard-core.  I've also started reading Jennie Allen's blog for several reasons: I taught her Bible Study, "Stuck", at Prestonwood this past semester, and she floored me when she spoke at a Prestonwood event a few weeks ago.

She gets it.

Jennie wrote something in a blog post that stuck with me.  I can't shake it.  She said "God is still able to do miracles.  We just don't often need Him to."

And - I might add - we just don't often ask Him to.

Hello.

If God is who He says He is, if He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:8), then He should still be performing crazy, stupid miracles that make no sense to our feeble human minds.

I'm not talking about the small, day-to-day "miracles" - getting a great parking spot, digesting food, getting to church on time, finding a lost sock under the couch cushion, etc.  I'm talking about manna from heaven (Numbers 11:1-9), Daniel in the lion's den (Daniel 6), water into wine (John 2:1-12), healing a blind man (Luke 18:35-43), raising Lazarus from the dead (John 11:17-44).  THOSE kinds of miracles.  I'm talking about SIGNS AND WONDERS.

Where are they?  Why am I not seeing them in my own life more often?

Because I either don't need them or I don't ask for them.

Many of you who are reading this are no doubt much more spiritual than I am and have probably experienced major miracles in your lives.  I have experienced major miracles in my own life.  Even recently.

But I want more.


I have (perhaps stupidly, naively) asked Jesus to position my life in such a way that I need more miracles from Him.  I don't know what this is going to look like.  It will probably be painful and there will probably be some uncomfortable consequences to such a bold request.  But I'm ready.

I'm ready for God to start showing off - BIG TIME.

I want God to start showing off His power, His glory, His grace, His love in my life.  All for His fame.  Not my own.  I'm ready to be moved from my comfortable, safe little life into an existence that requires His grace and His provision 24/7.  I'm aware that as a believer in Christ, my life should already be in this place of dependency...but it isn't.  Not really.  And maybe it's because I'm still "young"...but I'm old enough to know that there's more.  I'm old enough to know that He has more for me - more of Himself, more power, more love, more grace, more miracles.  And it's time to get this show on the road.

So that's it for today.  This is where I am.  I'll let you know how this works out for me.

Game on.

Exodus 15:11 - "Who is like You, O Lord, among the gods?  Who is like You, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?"
  

25 comments:

  1. Holly, you may be young, but your spiritual maturity shows through in a great way!!

    About ten years ago Larry, who was attending a Wild At Heart retreat w/John Eldredge, called me and said he felt like we were getting ready to go through some spiritual warfare and asked me I was willing/ready. I was - and we did!!!!

    It wasn't easy nor pleasant, but we'd do it all over again to be where we are today!!

    Thank you for your openness and your commitment to greater things from Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are brave! i LOVE hearing your heart, sweet friend!!! happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark and I are "blessed" to be in the position to receive God's miracles. That's why I named my blog the blessings come down (but I desperately need to update it!) when I started blogging about Mark's cancer. It is a terrible thing to know the love of your life is terminal. But, I cannot imagine how people go through this journey without Christ. He has brought us so many blessings and miracles. We have changed out perspective on life completely. We know now that every day is a miracle. Thank you for sharing your blog. Enjoy all of God's blessings. We are thankful to be blessed with you and your worship leadership!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, You are right. It is a bold request for the bold of heart, but THAT you are. As you know, Danny and I have shared miracles, and they are resurrections from the pain of growing. I am sure all of us are circling you and Bradley in prayer as God continues to "explore" your hearts and reveal His total purpose in you. I love you. Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm REALLY enjoying your blog. Love your transparency. Love that you said you didn't want to do this and yet your words are straight from the Holy Spirit. And by the way, when I begin to blog....that's when hell really has frozen over. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bring it baby girl. Thanks for the challenge. I'm asking for big time miracles. Proud of you. Keep your face in His. You are my heart walking outside my body. I love you so. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. a course in miracles free resources

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. tabula rasa mystery school

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. who is jesus

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: acim

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey you should get social media plugins for your posts. I was looking for the ‘like’ button but couldn’t find it. why not find out more

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheap Handbags Wholesale Are you ok merely repost this in my site? I’ve to grant credit where it really is due. Have a very great day! useful reference

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really should take part in a contest for starters of the finest blogs over the internet. I am going to recommend this page! Visit Website

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! un cours en miracles vidéos

    ReplyDelete
  16. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. acim authors

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. author acim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. authors a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this.. a course in miracles authors

    ReplyDelete
  20. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. un cours en miracles

    ReplyDelete